2023 Council Meeting Schedule
Meeting dates and times subject to change. Please refer to our event calendar for most up to date information.
Committee of the Whole Meetings
- January 13, 2023 @ 9:00 am
- February 10, 2023 @ 9:00 am
- March 10, 2023 @ 9:00 am
- April 6, 2023 @ 9:00 am
- May 12, 2023 @ 9:00 am
- June 9, 2022 @ 9:00 am
- July 14, 2023 @ 9:00 am
- August 11, 2023 @ 9:00 am
- September 8, 2023 @ 9:00 am
- October 13, 2023 @ 9:00 am
- November 10, 2023 @ 9:00 am
- December 8, 2023 @ 9:00 am
Regular Council Meetings
- January 19, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
- February 16, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
- March 16, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
- April 13, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
- May 18, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
- June 15, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
- July 20, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
- August 17, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
- September 14, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
- October 19, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
- November 16, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
- December 14, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
Committee of the Whole Meetings are held on the second Friday of each month at 9:00 am at the Community Hall upstairs in the Seniors Centre. These meetings provide Council with time to study and review issues in more detail as necessary. Issues discussed at these meetings are brought forward to future Council Meetings for decision. Committee of the Whole Meetings are open to the public.
Village Council Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month beginning at 6:00 p.m. at the Community Hall upstairs in the Seniors Centre. The purpose of these meetings is to discuss and make decisions on municipal business. The public is welcome to attend Council Meetings.
There are times when Council must meet to discuss items that involve human resources, strategic planning, and other sensitive information. In these cases, meetings may be closed to the public, however, all decisions regarding these topics are brought forward for discussion and decision during public Council Meetings.
Write or Speak to Council
Members of the public may make written submissions to the Committee of the Whole or to Council by sending a letter to the Resort Village Office by email at email@example.com or by mail to:
Resort Village of Candle Lake #20 Hwy 265
Candle Lake, Saskatchewan
Note: Correspondence addressed to Council must be received by noon the Friday prior to the Committee of the Whole Meeting or by noon the Thursday before the Council Meeting. It is preferable that the public first reach out to Council for correspondence to be addressed at the Committee of the Whole Meeting as most topics are discussed at this meeting before going to Council.
Members of the public may speak to Council at Committee of the Whole or Council Meetings. To arrange to speak at a meeting, please contact Administration by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (306) 929-2236 to register and to receive further information.
Rules for Delegations
- Requests for delegations, along with documents you wish to share, must be provided to the Chief Administrative Officer no later than 12:00 noon the Friday of the week before the meeting. Please complete the form below and ensure it is received by the Resort Village on time. Please see the form for delivery options.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. Delegates who wish to call into the meeting must provide a contact number and be ready for the call to engage when the item of discussion comes up on the agenda.
- Speakers are allowed 5 minutes to speak; requests to extend this may be made. If there are multiple speakers on a topic, one delegate must be assigned to speak.
- When beginning your presentation, first state your name, and if relevant, your position or company you represent.
Note: Decisions are usually not made at this meeting and topics may be deferred to a later meeting of Council. Verbal outbursts, clapping, remarks etc. will not be tolerated. Anyone who creates a disturbance may be removed from the meeting.
Delegations Request Form (Please print and complete this form and return it to the Resort Village Office by email at email@example.com or hand it in directly at the Office.)